Frequently Asked Questions
Portcast offers ocean container visibility. We offer real time visibility of all your containers, aggregating carrier container tracking, schedules information and satellite information. We allow you to take timely action wherever required by means of actionable alerts and intuitive visualizations.
We also offer predictive visibility: accurate ETAs for your shipments to allow you to plan and manger your supply chain.
Predictive visibility provides you with notifications of any risk to your shipments in terms of delays, days in advance for you to make proactive changes to your supply chain.
We have achieved results for our customers in the following areas:
- Improved On-Time-In-Full performance
- Lowered detention and demurrage charges
- Better sales promises: raised customer satisfaction levels of our customer’s clients
- Better downstream supply chain planning
We cover all milestones in a container’s journey from “empty container shipped out” to “empty returned” along with transshipment events. We share both the raw and standardized events across carriers.
We cover more than 100 carriers and NVOCCs. You can see the full list ‘here’. In case the carrier you require tracking for is not on this list, please let us know and we can look into adding the same.
Providing correct data that our clients can rely on to make supply chain decisions is at the core of what we do.
In order to ensure data quality, we have taken the following steps:
- Built validations across all both input data and output data. If there are discrepancies in the data, our system is able to flag the same at scale
- Multiplicity of data: For key data pieces, we get the same information from multiple sources, so that in case of contradictions you can use your judgement and pick the best one
- Built in intelligence: Multiple carriers publish the schedule for every vessel; our system is able to automatically identify the most reliable schedule and uses the same
- Human in the loop: Even after all the above intelligence and automation, some edge cases slip through. Our analysis monitor all outgoing data via various internal dashboards, and step in to make corrections around edge cases
Sign up for a demo or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will follow up with you within 48 hours to better understand your container tracking needs and discuss our software solution. You can access our data via an interactive and intuitive user interface or using our API. Don’t want to wait? Set up container tracking now in less than 3 minutes.
Our platform offers a plug-and-play solution, providing you with the option of our easy to use web app, or to seamlessly integrate with your systems via APIs. We are an ISO certified company and manage data security in a highly compliant manner.
Working with APIs
You can track containers using the Booking number, Bill of Lading number or Container number. We support various combinations of these inputs.
Cargo Demand Forecasting
Our demand forecasting solution is highly customized to each customer based on the data provided and the individual needs of the user. Contact us to discuss how to improve your demand management
Frequently Asked Questions
Portcast consolidates information from multiple sources with your internal data and uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to estimate demand dynamically and suggest impact on customer profiling, capacity utilization and pricing changes
Portcast has existing APIs which makes it easy for you to integrate the platform with your systems. Before the API integration, we are also able to conduct a trial with data in any existing format. Please reach us to discuss more.
Portcast technology combines various external data-sets and machine learning which is custom-built for the logistics and shipping domain. Our technology has been proven with leading logistics companies in the world.
This is completely up to you. The accuracy is higher for forecast closer to the shipping date. We currently recommend 90 days for daily data and 8 weeks for weekly data
It varies by trade lane and prediction granularity. We provide detailed benchmarking with internal forecast and actual demand to help understand accuracy levels dynamically